Building strong national trade unions is crucial. The strong unions which are in a permanent democratic relationship with workers, are capable of achieving real gains through collective bargaining, by organizing the unorganized, striving for trade union unity at the national level and building unions through training, education and effective exchange of information.
To learn more about the IMF union building philosophy please click here.
Panel discussion on Protection Contracts and Freedom of Association in Mexico packs a full house at the International Labour Organization. Union representatives call for union building, solidarity, and direct action against the government and employers.Jun 13, 2012
Metalworkers from Asia and the Pacific countries met in Kaohsiung, TAIWAN-R.O.C to discuss the ongoing process to build stronger unity among affiliates of IMF, ICEM and ITGLWF in their respective countries before and after the creation of IndustriALL Global Union.Jun 04, 2012
- Turkish unions confront precarious work
- Court cancels warrant for the arrest of Napoleón Gómez Urrutia
- IMF inspires young Russian union activists
- ICEM, IMF and ITGWLF urge Peruvian government repeal laws on contracts for non-traditional exports
- New leadership of Tunisian metalworkers elected