For a strong international
The International Metalworkers' Federation (IMF) represents the collective interests of 25 million metalworkers from more than 200 unions in 100 countries. The IMF is a federation of national metalworkers' unions - a ‘union of unions' at world level, and one of the oldest Global Union Federations.
The IMF aims to improve metalworkers' wages, working and living conditions and defends the rights of metalworkers at a global level.
To achieve this, we work with national affiliates with the aim of building a strong international labour movement.
Solidarity in action
Read about the work of the IMF in action, as showcased in our case studies:
- Global action against precarious work
- Asking for justice in Mexico!
- Reducing shipbreaking hazards in India
- Release Korean Unionists!
- Organizing women workers in Indonesia
- Building sustainable unions in Africa