Equality agreement with aerospace company
CFDT, CGT and FO sign ground-breaking agreement on equality with the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company in France.
FRANCE: Three IMF-affiliated trade unions in France have signed a ground-breaking agreement on equality with the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS).
Fédération Générale des Mines et de la Métallurgie (CFDT), Fédération des Travailleurs de la Métallurgie (CGT) and Fédération Confèdèrèe “Force Ouvrière” de la Métallurgie (FO) were all signatories.
The agreement commits EADS to improving women’s access to the different jobs within the company and assuring that women and men progress equally in their careers.
In line with these aims, the agreement seeks to facilitate the balance between work and family and includes specific measures to achieve this. These include:
- Meeting necessary child care costs when professional training takes place outside of normal working hours,
- Reduced hours of work during pregnancy,
- Four years parental leave which counts for length of service,
- Days off to care for sick children, and
- Access to part-time work and other changes to work or to working hours that allow workers to reconcile family and working life.